and other fun stuff

Google
Get Firefox!

Friday, June 04, 2004

Ghost town--Chernobyl Pictures

Update 6/27/04 : Is this site faked? (Or at the very least embellished?)

Fascinating and haunting site--Elena, biker and daughter of a nuclear physicist, documents her travels to the areas surrounding Chernobyl through words and pictures.

"As I pass through the check point, I feel that I have entered an unreal world. In the dead zone, the silence of the villages, roads, and woods seem to tell something at me....something that I strain to hear....something that attracts and repels me both at the same time. It is divinely eerie - like stepping into that Salvador Dali painting with the dripping clocks. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Leave me comments..about anything
  • Look at comments
    ARCHIVES
  •