and other fun stuff

Google
Get Firefox!

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Flan Recipe

I was cleaning out my email's inbox and ran into this old email which made me start craving something sweet.

It's my grandmother's recipe, emailed to me by my sister (I cleaned up the instructions my sis wrote):

Flan:

7 eggs
sugar (to be melted--use enough to cover the bottom of the flan bowl you will be using)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cans evaporated milk
1 can leche condensada
a pinch of cinnamon

--Cook some sugar until it turns into a brown liquid (or top part of the double boiler) you will cook the flan in, making sure you move the bowl around to spread the liquid. Do this quickly, because it hardens as it cools. Let it sit for a while as you mix together the other ingredients. Add more sugar if the mix doesn't taste sweet enough. Pour the mix into your flan bowl or double boiler and cook it "BaƱo Maria" style (meaning the bowl with the flan will cook in/on top of a pan of boiling water), for about an hour, or until it has fully cooked. Let it cool completely (you can stick it in the fridge) before flipping it over and letting the flan out, or it will break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Leave me comments..about anything
  • Look at comments
    ARCHIVES
  •